Monday, March 26, 2012

You Are God's Original Masterpiece

I have not had an awe-inspiring retreat experience since January 2010, the last full Echo retreat before graduation in July. But this past weekend's Confirmation retreat was amazing. Three young adults who have been helping with youth ministry at my parish put it on, and while I didn't have a specific part, I was still there to partake in the day. What a day it was. God was finally able to get through to my hard head. Yes, the road ahead will be tough. Yes, I'll still get an empty feeling in my stomach from time to time. But God is right here to carry me through. The love He has for His daughter brings tears to my eyes! I will carry on, through this difficult time and with my job.

This is a video we watched on the retreat. It is amazing. Only watch it if you have 15-20 minutes to spare (11 minutes to watch and 4-9 minutes to reflect).



There is so much in my life that I have to work on, but I don't know where to start or even what does need to be chiseled away. That is where I need to go to God. Maybe it will be in baby steps, but baby steps are better than going away from God.

This morning as I was getting ready for the day, I looked in the mirror to see Christ. And I told myself "I am God's original masterpiece." When I said it and started believing it, I had this sensation in my heart that is indescribable. We don't believe that about ourselves, but can you imagine what life would be like if we did?

Today I also made a baby step at work. I went over to the cafeteria by myself to hang out with the 6th grade class while they ate. I didn't wait for my supervisor, I just went. And as soon as I stepped foot into that loud and energetic room, two girls immediately smiled and waved at me. I felt welcomed by them! Aren't they the ones who are supposed to be welcomed by me!? As nervous as I was, I made the rounds, mostly talking about the Hunger Games. But I did it. Baby steps.

The solemnity of the Annunciation was moved to today. How often are we saying yes to God and "let Your will be done according to Your word." Ok God, let it be done! Use me to glorify Your kingdom. I'm ready!

No comments: