Thursday, March 22, 2012

Adoration Soothes the Soul

What a difference Adoration can make. During my hour of sitting in the presence of our Lord, I realized that I was being a bit irrational yesterday. Prayer and reflection helped me to see this and calmed me down. Last night turned out to be one of the best nights in five days! I felt so great after my high school bible study!

Aspects of my job might be more difficult than I thought, but everything in my life has lead me to where I am today and I don't think I can give up just because I'm being asked to stretch myself and get out of my comfort zone for work. While I internally freaked out about what my supervisor was saying and momentarily thought about quitting, I later realized that God's calling to us isn't necessarily about what's easy and what we don't want to do. If we're trying to follow His will, then there will be plenty of things we won't want to do. I have to continually remind myself that it's not about me, it's about Him.

I'll be posting more later, hopefully some quotes from a book I'm reading called Surrender by Fr. Larry Richards. But for now, I must get ready for our staff meeting we have in 20 minutes.

Here is a great reflection on Finding God's Will. It was posted by Fr. James Martin today and is an excerpt from his book The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything.

BTW, just wanted to thank you all for reading this blog and all my crazy thoughts that go with it. Feel free to leave comments whenever you would like, feedback is nice. :)

No comments: