Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Musings

I have way too much on my mind to be able to blog about just one item! And frankly, I don't even know where to begin with listing the thoughts, but I suppose I'll start in chronological order from the day:


  • Persecution of the Church
    • The bf has been blogging about this and it's a legitimate concern. I haven't even shown him this outright attack on the church:  http://ffrf.org/uploads/legal/QuitCatholicAd.pdf
    • The Church has undergone many attacks in the past and still stands today. The gates of hell shall not prevail against it...this can give us hope in what looks like a grim age for the Church.
  • Increasing our effort to teach the truth on sexuality and marriage
    • Pope Benedict told some U.S. Bishops that we must better explain the teaching on sexuality (and marriage). You can read more here:  http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1200971.htm
    • There is so much I want to read on this topic/issue/teaching so I can be better versed in explaining Church teachings, especially to youth and young adults. There is so much to read that it becomes overwhelming!
  • "Winning" the fight of the "new mandate"
    • I just read an article that claims we're winning the mandate fight. I would agree with the article that all we hear about is the "war on women" and how people disagree with the Church. But strong Catholics are out there and we know it's not a war on women! Get your heads out of the sand, people! It's about love and freedom and getting to heaven. :)
  • Funfetti Cookies
    • My friends and I have been watching the Catholicism series put out by Fr. Barron and Word on Fire. (PS: It's awesome). I'm thinking of making some Funfetti cookies, but I've used 1 cup out of the cake mix I still have in my pantry. I'm going to attempt to cut the recipe in half (which is super easy, involves cake mix, oil, and eggs) and hope they turn out!
  • Focus
    • I feel so distracted today and feel like I have ADD! But I think that's most days... I have a million thoughts running through my mind. I'll start one project at work, but then move on to something else because I don't want to lose those thoughts. But, oh wait, have to read this blog! Or figure out what to make for dinner! I've had this e-book up in my browser for several days now, but haven't read it. It's called "Focus" and it's aim is to help people focus. If only I can find the "time" to focus and read the darn thing.
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you have found the day productive and also hope you have found something to think about from these wandering thoughts.

No comments: