Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Friends, Holiness, Love

So the other day one of my friend's blogs was really inspiring to me. He talked about how surrounding yourself with good friends is a very important aspect of life for several reasons. Through our friendships we can help each other grow in holiness and virtue. It really got me thinking... and I came to the conclusion that I am sick of saying stupid stuff and making some sarcastic comments. Even if everyone knows we are all joking around, it isn't okay to put friends down. In striving for holiness I really want to bring my friends closer to Christ; we're all on this spiritual journey to Heaven together.

I'm kind of in awe at how much I'm learning about myself this year. So I just established that I need to watch what I say more often. I also realized that sometimes I get angry instead of dealing with other emotions. One of my friends entered the Nashville Dominican sisters this past August. Last year we grew pretty close together as friends, and it was awesome being around her. I'm really starting to miss her though, and it's difficult because I have not received a letter from her yet, and my friends who have have not told me anything about how she's doing, so that also makes things difficult. It's hard to write her letters because I feel as if I'm just talking about myself; what else am I supposed to talk about when I have no idea what is happening in her life? So, this is all difficult and can be upsetting, but I know that I need to keep loving her and my other friends. God gave us a heart to love, so we should use that heart for it's purpose!

No comments: