Sunday, September 30, 2007

Praise God for Friendships

My title pretty much sums it up. This weekend has been great. It's quite amazing how God can bring some people together because they can certainly relate to one another in certain ways and share their life experiences (and vocation stories) with each other. I had some good conversations last night, and one is yet to be continued. We'll finish it eventually.

Tonight was wonderful as well. We went out to a restaurant in town to celebrate a friend's birthday, and there were so many of us! We had two tables... but mostly because there were 5 family members with two of the guys (it being family weekend and all). It was a really nice time to hang out with my friends and enjoy a Blue Moon, mmm. And tonight I was reaffirmed, again, by another friend in my vocation to youth ministry. I'm so thankful of friends who affirm my discernment process. I'm sure he could see my excitement about the Echo program I'll be applying to soon. The Basilica at Notre Dame is the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, how was this program not meant for me!?! My grandma is pretty cute...for my birthday she sent me a card and a little cash, and then when I saw her today she gave me some Snickers and a devotional candle... of the Sacred Heart! She doesn't even know of my devotion! God works in mysterious ways. Anyway, I think I need to get ready for bed and then read some more from St. Therese!

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on Us!

No comments: