Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cute Church Lady

Today I went to daily Mass at my parish (St. Andrew's, Fort Worth) and this wonderful old woman sat behind me. During the consecration she whispered "My Jesus." I'm not sure if she knew she was doing it out loud or not, or maybe that is just how she prays! It was beautiful though; similar to my non-verbal prayer of "My Lord and my God." After Mass some woman came and was talking with her, which was a tad distracting while trying to pray morning prayer, but when the other lady left this old woman said "She is precious. There are so many precious people in the world." Oh my goodness, was it ever cute and beautiful! By her simple acclamations I can tell this woman has a genuine love for everyone and a heart open to God's love and grace. She was very inspiring and she doesn't even know it.

Fort Worth has been great. I love my parish and the parish staff and I love the flexibility of working for the Church! I have tomorrow off and I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but I think I'm going to hit up Mass at the Cathedral, then some shopping? One of my roommates and I are going to the Symphony tomorrow night with the young adult group from the area. I think that will be a lot of fun. I'm exhausted now and should probably get to bed!

No comments: