Friday, May 16, 2008

Revelation of the Day

Today while I was driving back home after picking up some stuff from my dad's for my graduation party, I had a revelation. It isn't anything new, I know this about myself when I'm doing it, but today... I don't know, it just dawned on me that knowing this can affect how I work! I like to work by myself, without people around or others watching over me. It is why I was so overwhelmed while packing up to move out after graduation, because there was a TON of people around, and I can't work at my own pace, I felt rushed and that I had to be doing something. Even with planning stuff; I'm not much for group projects and I hope to have a lot of independence when I'm in Fort Worth so I can come up with my own ideas and implement them, and not having someone breathing down my back. I don't think it will be like that; we'll see! This week I've been (very slowly) cleaning up stuff from college; I have stuff all over my bedroom and the living room, plus the kitchen. I just get so unmotivated sometimes... I'll move like..4 things, and then take a break. It's kind of pathetic, actually! But hey, oh well. So tonight, I was telling my mom she should go to our old neighbors house, since they're getting together. She wanted to go in the first place, but we have this house to clean up. I told her to go, and I'd clean. Well, she didn't believe me! But really, I like to work best by myself. Hmm, maybe an aspect of it is so people can see the progress and be surprised. I don't know. Those were my thoughts of the day! I'm sure I had plenty more on my walk back from Mass this morning too. I've been trying to not drive my car, so I ride with my mom to work, go to Mass, and then walk home, which is about an hour walk. I get to save money and exercise! Awesome! Well, that is probably enough rambling for one day, plus I'm hungry and I think we're eating soon.

Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us!

No comments: